The LinkIt ONE SDK includes the latest firmware for your LinkIt ONE development board, which may not have been installed at the factory. Now you’ll learn how to update the firmware on your LinkIt ONE development board.
- Set LinkIt ONE development board as a target board
- Set the board to Mass Storage Bootup mode.
- Run the LinkIt ONE firmware updater application and follow its instructions.
- Set the board to Normal Bootup mode.
- Reboot your board.
Step 1 — Set the target board
- In Arduino IDE, on the Tools menu point to Board and click LinkIt ONE, as shown below, to configure the LinkIt ONE board as the target.
- In Arduino IDE, on the Tools menu point to Programmer and click LinkIt Firmware Updater as shown below:
Step 2 — Set the board to Mass Storage Bootup mode
- If the board isn’t already, switch it into Mass Storage Bootup mode, as shown below.
- Connect the LinkIt ONE development board to your computer using a micro-USB cable.
Step 3 — Run the LinkIt ONE Firmware Updater application
- In Arduino IDE, on the Tools menu click Burn Bootloader to launch the firmware updater application.
- In LinkIt ONE Firmware Updater, click the download button, as shown below.
- Follow the instructions, see figure below, and disconnect LinkIt ONE from your computer and its power source. Then reconnect the power source and connect LinkIt ONE to your computer using a USB cable.
- Once LinkIt ONE is reconnected the firmware update will start automatically. LinkIt ONE Firmware Updater will report that the firmware is being downloaded (transferred to the board), as shown below.
- After a moment LinkIt ONE Firmware Updater will confirm that the firmware has been updated, see below.
- Now return the board to Normal Bootup mode. Then disconnect and reconnect the micro-USB cable to reboot it.
You now have the latest firmware on your LinkIt ONE development board.