Connect a USB webcam to the USB host port on LinkIt Smart 7688 development board to setup the video streaming service according to the following steps.
The LinkIt Smart 7688 development board has installed Linux UVC (USB Video Class) drivers to provide USB webcam support. Only the webcams that follow UVC standard can be supported on the board. The capabilities and supported resolution depend on the current UVC driver implementation.
In this section, we use mjpg-streamer as the streaming application and it's installed in the system firmware by default. For the webcam, Logitech C310 is used for demo purposes.
- Plug in the webcam into the USB host port on the LinkIt Smart 7688 development board.
- Enter the following command in the system console.
Open the system console of the LinkIt Smart 7688 development board and enter the command:
# mjpg_streamer -i "input_uvc.so -d /dev/video0 -r 640x480 -f 25" -o "output_http.so -p 8080 -w /www/webcam" &
- Connect the PC to the same local network as the board
- If the board is in AP mode, connect the PC to the LinkIt Smart 7688 AP directly.
- If the board is in Station mode, connect the PC to the same AP that LinkIt Smart 7688 development board connects to.
In the browser, connect to http://mylinkit.local:8080 and the streaming video from the webcam will be: