You need the following hardware and software to get started:
- LinkIt 7697 development board. You can purchase it here.
- A micro-USB cable.
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- OS X 10.10 or later.
Install Arduino IDE
This guide is based on Arduino IDE 1.8.1. You can download it here.
If you have problems installing the IDE, refer to the links below:
Add LinkIt 7697 Board Support Package
If you are already familiar with Arduino IDE, the board support package URL for LinkIt 7697 is as follows:
Continue reading if you want to know how to install the board support package.
LinkIt 7697 is a 3rd party board and you'll need to install extra 3rd party board support package to the Arduino IDE. The steps are as follows:
Open File > Preferences dialog, as shown below:
Add the following URL to the Additional Boards Manager URLs field:
as marked in the screenshot below:
- Click OK to end the dialog.
- Select Tools > Board > Boards Manager... to open the Boards Manager dialog:
- Wait for the board manager to download the package information from the URL you just provided. After completion, you'll find a LinkIt 7697 by MediaTek Labs board package in the list. You can also type
LinkItin the search box, as shown below:
- Click on the LinkIt 7697 item, and then click the Install button, as shown below:
- The IDE should start downloading the required tools and software packages. Wait for its completion, and click Close to end the dialog.
- Once the package is installed, you should see a LinkIt 7697 item appear in the bottom of the Tools > Board menu, as shown below:
Now that you've installed the board support package, you are ready to connect LinkIt 7697 board to your computer.